The quarantine has made many of us discover a lot of new things. And as you notice, this has become the times of the rising of new local food start-ups as well. There comes dishes from Pinoy-favorites and up to the newest and trendiest dish that you’ve ever encountered. And speaking of food, I just felt like becoming a chef today! That’s why I’ll be sharing with you some simple recipes that you can enjoy at home with the newest tuna in town, La Mia Tuna.
Discovering La Mia Tuna
La Mia celebrates the start of a flavorful adventure inspired by a taste of home. For those who don’t know, La Mia is a Bisaya brand from General Santos – the Tuna Capital of the Philippines.
La Mia’s world-class tuna is now available in the Philippines for everyone to enjoy. You can also enjoy La Mia Tuna now in three great-tasting varieties: Tuna Flakes in Oil, Hot and Spicy, and Afritada.
Easy Recipes with La Mia Tuna
As mentioned, La Mia comes in three flavors. And it’s totally up to you as how you would want to enjoy it on your plates. So for today, I’m gonna be sharing with you simple budget recipes that you can also make with each flavor at home.
La Mia Tuna Sandwich
One of the simplest dishes that you can start making up with La Mia Tuna would be Tuna Sandwich. This could be perfect for breakfast or your daily snack as preferred. This dish can serve up to 2 people.
- (1) La Mia Tuna Flakes in Oil/Spicy
- Minced Onions (optional)
- Wheat Sliced Bread/White Slice Bread
- Drain the tuna. Discard the liquids.
- Prepare your slices of bread, lettuce, and cheese.
- Mix the drained tuna with mayonnaise and minced onions (optional).
- Spread the tuna with mayonnaise and minced onions to the bread with lettuce and cheese. Ready to serve!
La Mia Tuna Afritada
The next dish that we’re gonna be making would be La Mia Tuna Afritada. This quick and simple recipe would be perfect for a meal any time of the day. You might as well prepare extra rice as this dish is really good!
- (1) La Mia Tuna Afritada
- Minced garlic
- Minced onion
- Cooking oil
- 2 Hotdogs (sliced)
- Salt (optional)
Since the La Mia Tuna Afritada has already had some ingredients on it, preparing this one should be easy peasy!
- In a pan, heat the oil and saute the minced onion and garlic.
- After the works have caramelized, add the sliced hotdogs.
- Put in the La Mia Tuna Afritada. Stir it until the sliced hotdogs and tuna have been mixed. (You can put in a little bit of salt if you think it’s needed.)
- Prepare a plate with a cup of rice and serve it.
La Mia Creamy Tuna Spaghetti with Tuna Meatballs
And the last recipe that I’m gonna share with you all would be La Mia Creamy Tuna Spaghetti. This is definitely a MUST-TRY! So good! This could also be perfect for any special occasion and for the upcoming Holidays.
- Cooking oil
- 50g minced onion
- 25g minced garlic
- 1 can of La Mia Tuna – drained (flakes in oil/spicy)
- 150ml All Purpose Cream
- 100g spaghetti pasta
- 10g parsley/microgreens
- 20g grated cheese
For the Tuna Meatballs:
- 2 cans of La Mia Tuna (drained)
- 100g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 piece egg
- 30g breadcrumbs
- 10g parsley/microgreens
- In a stockpot, boil the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To make the meatballs, mix all the ingredients for tuna meatballs in a bowl. Mold a tablespoon full of the mixture to a ball. Pan fry and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic. Allow works to caramelize and add the drained tuna. Stir in the cream and season to taste. Mix the pasta and the meatballs.
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley or microgreens. You can also topped it off with cheese or some Italian seasoning like we did.
So that’s it! These dishes are so simple and can easily be done at home. It doesn’t really require a lot of ingredients too. Aside from these recipes, you could still make more and be creative in your own ways. If you know some tuna recipes, you can also comment down below so we can give it a try!
You can now grab La Mia Tuna at selected grocery stores in Visayas and Mindanao. Click here to know which stores you can get one.