Boracay Island, named as the best island in Asia have always captured the hearts of many tourists may it be a Filipino or those coming from different parts of the world. With this being said, a lot of establishments and attractions have scattered everywhere continuing to win the hearts of those who keeps on coming back, or even first timers on the island.
When I first visited Boracay Island last 2016, there were a lot of tourists of different nationalities. Back on that year, there were already a lot of Instagram-worthy places that one can really visit and even I did. So when I planned on celebrating my 23rd birthday on this island, I did my research again on spots where I could take Instagram-worthy photos again. Then I found Station X.
Discovering Station X
Station X is located at the lively grounds of Hue Hotels and Resorts Boracay. This place has already started to be popular on guests coming over to the island. I first heard of this from my friends who went to this place.
Station X, said to be one of the paradise’s game-changer, gathers a lot of special crops of homegrown restaurants, and commercial choices under one roof. So if you’re planning to escape the busy crowd in the famous D-Mall and Stations 2 to 3, then this must be the place to be.
Getting to Station X
First things first, to reach Station X, you would need to get to Boracay Island itself and start through Caticlan Jetty Port in Boracay.
Boracay Island can be reached through two airports from Cebu and Manila. First is the Kalibo International Airport and the second one which is the Caticlan Airport. If you’re flying from an international flight, you might want to try searching for Kalibo since I heard from my friends that there are direct flights from other countries already connecting to Kalibo.
Kalibo International Airport has cheaper rates for Boracay when it comes to flight bookings. But the thing is, it would still take 2 hours for you to get to Boracay Island with this option. On the other hand, Caticlan Airport is just 15 minutes away from Caticlan Jetty Port. Flights to Caticlan can get expensive so be sure to look out for promos!
Kalibo International Airport to Caticlan Jetty Port
- From Kalibo International Airport, look for a van outside the airport heading to Caticlan Jetty Port. Fare is around Php 200.00 (Be sure to ask before hopping in)
Caticlan Airport to Caticlan Jetty Port
- Upon arriving at Caticlan Airport, get out of the building and be sure to walk past the vans. Find tricycles waiting for passengers and tell them to take you to Caticlan Jetty Port.
Fare would be Php 75.00 if you’re alone and Php 50.00 per person if you’re traveling in pair. Take note that each tricycle can only accommodate a maximum of two people. Travel time: 5-10 minutes.
Caticlan Jetty Port to Station X
- Once you arrived at Caticlan Jetty Port, look for the Registration Area and fall in line. You’ll then be asked to write down the guests’ name including yours on the logbook which will be used to monitor the number of tourists visiting Boracay.
- Proceed then to the Verification Area. Present a proof of where you’re staying at or hotel booking. Take note that if you’re spending more than one day in the island, booking would be a MUST.
- Proceed to the payment windows and pay the fees. Before you can enter Boracay Island, you’ll need to settle all of these fees at once but with different receipts. There are two types of boats that you can choose from. See options below.
Terminal fee – Php 100
Environmental fee – Php 75.00
Boat fare: Pump boats at Php 30.00 or Oyster Ferry at Php75.00
- Enter the port building. Go through a security check and proceed to the Passenger Waiting Area and wait for boarding.
- Time for boarding! Find your boat and queue up. Travel time would be around 10 to 15 minutes only.
- Look for a tricycle and tell the driver you’re heading to Station X. Fare would be Php 150.00 in total.
“I’m not coming from the airport but just from the place I’m staying in.”
If you’re coming from Station 3, then Station X would just be a few meters walk away. Just ask the locals for directions. But if you’re coming from either Stations 1 or 2, then you would need to hail a tricycle from where you’re at.
Fare differs from e-bikes and the normal tricycle and depending on what station you are from (cheaper rates on normal tricyle). Fare runs around Php 80 – Php 100 if you’re coming from Station 2 for the whole tricycle itself. If you’re coming from Station 1, just be prepared to pay around Php 100 – Php 120.
Renting Day Beds in Station X
Station X is primarily known as a food market in Boracay Island. Aside from just dining in any of the wide options of restaurants rolled out in the grounds of Station X, did you know that you could also enjoy the pool of Hue Hotels and Resorts even if you’re not staying in this hotel? One of the highlights that we did when we were in Station X was renting a day bed.
For as low as Php 1,200, you could already avail one day bed good for two people in the pool area of Station X, Hue Hotels and Resorts. The payment of Php 1,200 comes with two towels which will be provided upon payment and consumable food and drinks worth Php 1,000.
Day Use in Hue Hotels and Resorts is only from 12:00 in the afternoon up until 6:00 PM.
Renting a day bed can be done in two options:
- Walk In. Just proceed to the Prisma Bar of Station X and approach any of their friendly staffs that you would want to avail a day bed.
- Book it through Klook. If you want to plan ahead your itinerary and wants no hassle, you could book a day bed rental through Klook. Just present the QR code to the staff stationed at the entrance of the pool and that’s good to go.
Click here: Day Bed at Station X via Klook
What happens next?
- After settling the payment, you’ll then be given sticker wristbands that you’ll be wearing throughout the usage of pool.
- You will also be given a list of the menu from all the restaurants found inside Station X that will be consumable and deducted from Php 1,000 of your total payment. If you wish to add more food, it will just be charged on another bill upon exit.
- Go find your preferred day bed, wait for your food and enjoy!
Shower and changing rooms are available.
A Day in Station X
Before we went back to Boracay Island, I already made sure that Station X would be part of our itinerary. We arrived at Station X on a Sunday around 1:00 in the afternoon after we had our lunch. We were warmly greeted with smiles by the staffs the moment we entered the area.
After settling down the payments for the 2 day beds that we got, we then looked for a good spot without direct sunlight. We also ordered two pizzas from Diavolos, which my friends recommended me to have, and paired it with some good cocktails.
Around Station X, there are a lot of good Instagram-worthy spots. There are floaters and cute couches that you could really take a good photo with. So if you’re like me whose Instagram is life, then you’re really perfect for here!
Aside from renting day beds in Station X, you must also check out Prisma bar. Prisma bar is just located at the most center of Station X. Highlighting good quality of cocktails and refreshments, you’ll surely love it! The azure color of the long chairs at the bar also makes it very picturesque. In fact, all of the drinks that we got came from Prisma.
Also, if there’s still a space in your tummy, don’t skip Coco Mama. Coco Mama can be found inside Station X. In fact, they only have one and only product, their vegan, dairy-free coconut ice cream. It comes with coconut strips, pinipig, mango cubes, and sticky rice which is served in a cute coconut shell. MUST TRY!
Overall Review of Station X
Overall experience at Station X would gonna be 9/10. With the amount that you’re paying either if you’re only here for the food or for the day use of pool, it’s already a very good steal! You really get more than what you’re paying for. From the friendliness of their people, up to the quality of facilities that you can use here, it’s something that many should see and experience for themselves.
So if you’re gonna ask me if going here would be worth it? Yes it is!
Don’t forget to share this information to your friends, colleagues, family members and get that Instagram-worthy shot around every corners of Station X, Hue Hotels and Resorts.
For more info such as bookings and reservations, you could check out the link below and see what Hue Hotels and Resorts Boracay has to offer.
Click here: https://www.boracay.thehuehotel.com